How to Grow and Maintain the Perfect A La Souvarov Beard
The A La Souvarov Beard differs from mutton chops by connecting the mustache in a way that gives it curved lines up into the sideburns. Traditionally it consists of thin lines, although you can make the sideburns a bit thicker if you prefer.
1. Grow out a full beard of at least half an inch.
Start by growing out a full beard of at least half an inch. This will give you a good base to work with. To get healthy, thick and soft facial hair, use a product that stimulates growth, such as a beard elixir. This will give you thicker, stronger, and healthier feeling skin and well-nourished facial hair.
2. Use a shaping tool to curve your mustache into your sideburns.
You’re going to want to use a shaping tool to help you achieve the curves that define this look. Hold the shaping tool against your cheek and shave along the curved edge, making sure to connect the sideburns to the mustache. This will give you the “top” portion of the beard.
3. Remove the hair below your sideburns.
Unlike mutton chops, your sideburns won’t go all the way down. You want your sideburns to be about the same width as your mustache, and to curve slightly up towards your ears. Bring the shaping tool down your face and use the curved edge to achieve the “bottom” portion of the beard. Then, remove all the hair below the sideburns with a razor and shave lube.
4. Use a beard butter to maintain healthy facial hair.
After you shower and wash your face, use a beard butter to get rid of coarse texture and improve the appearance of your facial hair.
Here are some of our favorite product recommendations to help you get the perfect A La Souvarov Beard:
- The Edge Beard Shaping Tool: to get curved sideburns that blend into your mustache.
- Wild Willies Shave Lube: to get a clean, close shave.
- Wild Willies Beard Butter - Cool Mint: to soften your beard hair.