How to Grow and Maintain the Perfect Designer Stubble Beard Shape
The great thing about growing a designer stubble beard is that it doesn’t take much time, and it’s a simple style that doesn’t take much effort to maintain.
1. Skip the razor for a few days.
If you’re starting from a clean-shaven face, step 1 is super easy. Just skip the razor for a few days and allow your facial hair to grow out to somewhere between 3 and 5 mm. For most guys, this will only take a week or two. If your facial hair starts feeling itchy during the growth stage, you can use a beard oil with soothing properties like this cool mint beard oil to stop the itch.
2. Trim up the area beneath your cheekbones.
This beard style needs less precision trimming, but you do want to keep the area below your cheekbones fairly short. Go with your closest trimmer attachment to stop your facial hair from creeping up too far on your face. If you want to keep that natural look, there’s no need to trim along the neckline.
3. Exfoliate several times a week.
This look can feel a bit itchy since you won’t be getting a close, clean shave daily. Be sure to use an exfoliating cleanser 2-3 times a week when washing your face in order to preven ingrown hairs.
Here are some of our favorite product recommendations to help you get the perfect [TYPE]:
- Wild Willies Cool Mint Beard Oil: to stop the itch while your facial hair grows
- Wild Willies Tough Scrub: use 2-3 times per week to exfoliate and prevent ingrown hairs
- The Patriot Set: a great option if you need a full tooklit with a daily cleanser, tough scrub, and grooming tools