How to Grow and Maintain the Perfect Painter’s Brush Shape
Here are the steps to get the painter’s brush shape for you to grow.
1. Start With A Large Mustache
To begin, you will need to grow out a more prominent mustache. The painter’s brush style is known for being thicker and longer. The length of the facial hair simulates that of a paintbrush, so you need to make sure you have at least an inch or two to get the right look. You can apply beard serum daily to your facial hair to help them grow if you’re having trouble with that.
2. Trim The Hair Down
The next thing you need to do is trim the hair as it grows out. The hairs of a paintbrush are uniform and straight, so it’s important to try and mimic this by keeping the mustache trimmed. You can use a beard trimmer or scissors to cut back the hair as it grows out. Doing so will promote growth in the hair. Ensure you get it to that one to two-inch mark once trimmed.
3. Shape The Painter’s Brush
Finally, you will need to shape the painter’s brush. The style has a hard line going across the bottom of the mustache. You can hold a beard-shaping tool to the mustache to get a straight line. Then use the scissors to cut against the tool, following its edge. Once you get the shape, add some beard butter and use a brush to get the hairs going in the same direction. The butter will keep the hair hydrated and soft.
Here are some of our favorite product recommendations to help you get the perfect painter’s brush:
- Beard Boost Serum: This serum is designed to help you grow your facial hair quicker and thicker.
- The Edge Beard Shaping Tool: A convenient tool that helps you get clean edges and straight lines when styling.
- Beard Butter - Cool Mint: Refreshing beard butter that moisturizes your facial hair and keeps it from getting brittle.