How to Grow and Maintain a Patchy Beard
If your beard hair grows in patchy (usually, it’s a genetic thing), that doesn’t mean you can’t rock a beard with confidence. Follow these steps and you can make a patchy beard work for you.
1. Develop a skincare routine that encourages healthy growth.
Part of your struggles with growing a full beard may be due to poor skincare habits. Develop a good skincare routine that includes a daily cleanser specifically made for beard hair. Then, follow up with a beard boost serum and growth supplements to encourage healthy growth. Use a derma roller on your beard after applying the serum. Simply rub it along the skin where your beard is patchy. This can increase the absorption of the serum by up to 500%!
2. Let your facial hair grow.
The best thing about a patchy beard is that it’s meant to look natural, so you don’t have to do a ton of trimming and grooming to upkeep the look.
3. Keep it on the shorter side.
Unless you’re trying to grow your beard hair long enough to cover the patches, we recommend keeping it short so it doesn’t look unruly. Use your trimmer to keep it somewhere around 0.5 inches or less, trimming it once a week or so to keep it under control.
Here are some of our favorite product recommendations to help you get the perfect patchy beard:
- Beard Wash: to cleanse your beard without stripping away natural oils.
- Beard Boost Serum: to encourage healthy growth.
- Derma Roller: to increase the absorption of beard boost serum.