How to Grow and Maintain the Perfect Short Stubble Beard With Mustache Shape
If you’re going for the refined look of a short beard and long mustache, these are the steps to get you there.
1. Grow Out A Long Mustache
The defining hallmark of this look is the long mustache that extends over the face. Grow out a nice mustache to the point that it is well-defined. It can be long and unruly like Jason Lee’s or thin and well-maintained like Michael B. Jordan’s. You may want to use a beard trimmer and a beard-shaping tool to style the mustache to your preference.
2. Keep The Beard Trimmer Low
Next, keep the rest of your facial hair low and stubbly. That means using clippers at it’s lowest setting or shaving your face and letting the stubble grow back in. If shaving, a good shave lube will go a long way in giving you a clean face and hydrating your skin before the hair grows back. You should use a scruff tamer to keep those hairs healthy and hydrated once it starts to grow.
3. Don’t Forget To Take Care Of Your Skin
Throughout this process, you may often cut your hair and shave your face. This can lead to breakouts and itchy skin. Make sure you use a derma roller to maximize the effectiveness of skin care products. Then keep your face clean and moisturized with products like a good beard wash.
Here are some of our favorite product recommendations to help you get the perfect short stubble beard with mustache:
- The Edge Beard Shaping Tool: Keep shaping your facial hair and get clean lines when trimming your mustache.
- Shave Lube: You want the best natural ingredients when shaving, and this shave lube outperforms its competitors in all aspects.
- The Derma Roller: Take care of your skin using a derma roller to improve your skin tone and vitality.